This standard looking dry fly is a must have for most fly fisherman. Even if your area doesn’t get a pink cahill looking fly hatch, you should still keep some of these on hand. They are such a versatile pattern, that almost anytime there is a light colored mayfly hatching you can probably get fish to eat this thing! The fly in the picture is a size 18, but i like all sizes between 12 -20 in this pattern.
Materials for Tying the Pink Cahill Parachute
- Cream colored neck hackle
- Calf body hair for the parachute
- Dry fly dubbing of your choice in the pink color
- Pink thread (white thread will also work just as good in my experience)
- Standard dry fly hooks such as Mustad 94840 or similar